Terms of Service
Last updated: August 1, 2018
Please read these Terms of Service (the “Agreement”) carefully. Your use of the Site (as defined below) constitutes your consent to this Agreement.
This Agreement is between you and CalPlant I, LLC (“Company” or “we” or “us”) concerning your use of (including any access to) the site currently located at stage.eurekamdf.com (together with any materials and services available therein, and successor site(s) thereto, the “Site”). This Agreement hereby incorporates by this reference any additional terms and conditions posted by Company through the Site, or otherwise made available to you by Company. BY USING THE SITE, YOU AFFIRM THAT YOU ARE OF LEGAL AGE TO ENTER INTO THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU ARE AN INDIVIDUAL ACCESSING OR USING THE SITE ON BEHALF OF, OR FOR THE BENEFIT OF, ANY CORPORATION, PARTNERSHIP OR OTHER ENTITY WITH WHICH YOU ARE ASSOCIATED (AN “ORGANIZATION”), THEN YOU ARE AGREEING TO THIS AGREEMENT ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF AND SUCH ORGANIZATION, AND YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU HAVE THE LEGAL AUTHORITY TO BIND SUCH ORGANIZATION TO THIS AGREEMENT. References to “you” and “your” in this Agreement will refer to both the individual using the Site and to any such Organization.
THIS AGREEMENT CONTAINS A MANDATORY ARBITRATION PROVISION THAT, AS FURTHER SET FORTH IN SECTION 13 BELOW, REQUIRES THE USE OF ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS TO RESOLVE DISPUTES, RATHER THAN JURY TRIALS OR ANY OTHER COURT PROCEEDINGS, OR CLASS ACTIONS OF ANY KIND.
1. Changes. We may change this Agreement from time to time by notifying you of such changes by any reasonable means, including by posting a revised Agreement through the Site. Any such changes will not apply to any dispute between you and us arising prior to the date on which we posted the revised Agreement incorporating such changes, or otherwise notified you of such changes.
Your use of the Site following any changes to this Agreement will constitute your acceptance of such changes. The “Last Updated” legend above indicates when this Agreement was last changed. We may, at any time and without liability, modify or discontinue all or part of the Site (including access to the Site via any third-party links).
2. Information Submitted Through the Site. You represent and warrant that any information you provide in connection with the Site is and will remain accurate and complete, and that you will maintain and update such information as needed.
3. Jurisdictional Issues. The Site is controlled or operated (or both) from the United States and is not intended to subject Company to any non-U.S. jurisdiction or law. The Site may not be appropriate or available for use in some non-U.S. jurisdictions. Any use of the Site is at your own risk, and you must comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations in doing so. We may limit the Site’s availability at any time, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction that we choose.
4. Rules of Conduct. In connection with the Site, you must not:
- Use the Site for any commercial purpose, or for any purpose that is fraudulent or otherwise tortious or unlawful.
- Harvest or collect information about users of the Site.
- Interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Site or the servers or networks used to make the Site available, including by hacking or defacing any portion of the Site; or violate any requirement, procedure or policy of such servers or networks.
- Restrict or inhibit any other person from using the Site.
- Reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, create derivative works of, sell, rent, lease, loan, timeshare, distribute or otherwise exploit any portion of (or any use of) the Site except as expressly authorized herein, without Company’s express prior written consent.
- Reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Site, except where such restriction is expressly prohibited by applicable law.
- Frame or mirror any portion of the Site, or otherwise incorporate any portion of the Site into any product or service, without Company’s express prior written consent.
- Systematically download and store Site content.
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device to retrieve, index, “scrape,” “data mine” or otherwise gather Site content, or reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site, without Company’s express prior written consent.
You are responsible for obtaining, maintaining and paying for all hardware and all telecommunications and other services needed for your use of the Site.
5. Registration; User Names and Passwords. You may need to register to use all or part of the Site. We may reject, or require that you change, any user name, password or other information that you provide to us in registering. Your user name and password are for your use only and should be kept confidential; you, and not Company, are responsible for any use or misuse of your user name or password, and you must promptly notify us of any confidentiality breach or unauthorized use of your user name or password, or your Site account.
6. Your Limited Rights. Subject to your compliance with this Agreement, and solely for so long as you are permitted by Company to use the Site, you may view one (1) copy of any portion of the Site to which we provide you access under this Agreement, on any single device, solely for your use.
7. Company’s Proprietary Rights. We and our suppliers own the Site, which is protected by proprietary rights and laws. All trade names, trademarks, service marks and logos on the Site not owned by us are the property of their respective owners. You may not use our trade names, trademarks, service marks or logos in connection with any product or service that is not ours, or in any manner that is likely to cause confusion. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting any right to use any trade names, trademarks, service marks or logos without the express prior written consent of the owner.
8. Third Party Materials; Links. Certain Site functionality may make available access to information, products, services and other materials made available by third parties (“Third Party Materials”), or allow for the routing or transmission of such Third Party Materials, including via links. By using such functionality, you are directing us to access, route and transmit to you the applicable Third Party Materials. We neither control nor endorse, nor are we responsible for, any Third Party Materials, including the accuracy, validity, timeliness, completeness, reliability, integrity, quality, legality, usefulness or safety of Third Party Materials, or any intellectual property rights therein. Certain Third Party Materials may, among other things, be inaccurate, misleading or deceptive. Nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to be a representation or warranty by Company with respect to any Third Party Materials. We have no obligation to monitor Third Party Materials, and we may block or disable access to any Third Party Materials (in whole or part) through the Site at any time. In addition, the availability of any Third Party Materials through the Site does not imply our endorsement of, or our affiliation with, any provider of such Third Party Materials, nor does such availability create any legal relationship between you and any such provider.
YOUR USE OF THIRD PARTY MATERIALS IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND IS SUBJECT TO ANY ADDITIONAL TERMS, CONDITIONS AND POLICIES APPLICABLE TO SUCH THIRD PARTY MATERIALS (SUCH AS TERMS OF SERVICE OR PRIVACY POLICIES OF THE PROVIDERS OF SUCH THIRD PARTY MATERIALS).
9. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW: (A) THE SITE AND THIRD PARTY MATERIALS ARE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU ON AN “AS IS,” “WHERE IS” AND “WHERE AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY (EXCEPT FOR WARRANTIES REQUIRED TO BE MADE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW); AND (B) COMPANY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE, AND THIRD PARTY MATERIALS, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND TITLE (EXCEPT FOR WARRANTIES REQUIRED TO BE MADE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW). ALL DISCLAIMERS OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING IN THIS SECTION AND ELSEWHERE IN THIS AGREEMENT) ARE MADE FOR THE BENEFIT OF BOTH COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE MEMBERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “AFFILIATED ENTITIES”), AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS; PROVIDED THAT SUCH DISCLAIMERS MAY ONLY BE WAIVED BY COMPANY. While we try to maintain the timeliness, integrity and security of the Site, we do not guarantee that the Site is or will remain updated, complete, correct or secure, or that access to the Site will be uninterrupted. The Site may include inaccuracies, errors and materials that violate or conflict with this Agreement. Additionally, third parties may make unauthorized alterations to the Site. If you become aware of any such alteration, contact us at [email protected] with a description of such alteration and its location on the Site.
This Site may contain statements, estimates or projections that constitute “forward-looking statements” as defined under U.S. federal securities laws. Any such forward looking statements are inherently speculative and are based on currently available information, operating plans and projections about future events and trends. As such, they are subject to numerous risks and uncertainties. Actual results and performance may be significantly different from Company’s historical experience and its present expectations or projections. Company undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW:(A) COMPANY WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF ANY USE OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN, UNDER ANY CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY, INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, USE OR DATA, LOSS OF OTHER INTANGIBLES, EVEN IF ADVISED IN ADVANCE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSSES; (B) WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, COMPANY WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE OR THIRD PARTY MATERIALS, INCLUDING FROM ANY virus, worm, Trojan horse, Easter egg, time bomb, spyware or other harmful computer code, file or program THAT MAY BE TRANSMITTED IN CONNECTION THEREWITH; (C) YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE OR THIRD PARTY MATERIALS IS TO STOP USING THE SITE; AND (D) THE MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF COMPANY FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES AND CAUSES OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, SHALL BE ONE HUNDRED U.S. DOLLARS ($100). ALL LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING IN THIS SECTION AND ELSEWHERE IN THIS AGREEMENT) ARE MADE FOR THE BENEFIT OF BOTH COMPANY AND THE AFFILIATED ENTITIES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS.
11. Indemnity. To the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Company and the Affiliated Entities, and their respective successors and assigns, from and against all claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, expenses and fees (including attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to (a) your use of, or activities in connection with, the Site and (b) any violation or alleged violation of this Agreement by you.
12. Termination. This Agreement is effective until terminated. Company may terminate or suspend your use of the Site at any time and without prior notice, for any or no reason, including if Company believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of this Agreement. Upon any such termination or suspension, your right to use the Site will immediately cease, and Company may, without liability to you or any third party, immediately deactivate or delete your user name, password and account, and all associated materials, without any obligation to provide any further access to such materials. Sections 2 – 7 and 9 – 15 shall survive any expiration or termination of this Agreement.
13. Governing Law; Arbitration. The terms of this Agreement are governed by the laws of the United States (including federal arbitration law) and the State of California, U.S.A., without regard to its principles of conflicts of law, and regardless of your location. EXCEPT FOR DISPUTES THAT QUALIFY FOR SMALL CLAIMS COURT, ALL DISPUTES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT OR ANY ASPECT OF THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN YOU AND COMPANY, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STATUTE, FRAUD, MISREPRESENTATION OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, WILL BE RESOLVED THROUGH FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION BEFORE A NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR INSTEAD OF IN A COURT BY A JUDGE OR JURY AND YOU AGREE THAT COMPANY AND YOU ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO TRIAL BY A JURY. EXCEPT AS PROVIDED BELOW REGARDING THE CLASS ACTION WAIVER, SUCH DISPUTES INCLUDE, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DISPUTES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO INTERPRETATION OR APPLICATION OF THIS ARBITRATION PROVISION, INCLUDING THE ENFORCEABILITY, REVOCABILITY OR VALIDITY OF THE ARBITRATION PROVISION OR ANY PORTION OF THE ARBITRATION PROVISION. ALL SUCH MATTERS SHALL BE DECIDED BY AN ARBITRATOR AND NOT BY A COURT OR JUDGE. HOWEVER, AS SET FORTH BELOW, THE PRECEDING ARBITRATION REQUIREMENT SHALL NOT APPLY TO DISPUTES TO THE EXTENT RELATING TO THE INTERPRETATION OR APPLICATION OF THE CLASS ACTION WAIVER BELOW, INCLUDING ITS ENFORCEABILITY, REVOCABILITY OR VALIDITY.
YOU AGREE THAT ANY ARBITRATION UNDER THIS AGREEMENT WILL TAKE PLACE ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS; CLASS ARBITRATIONS AND CLASS ACTIONS ARE NOT PERMITTED AND YOU ARE AGREEING TO GIVE UP THE ABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Section or any other provision of this Agreement or in the American Arbitration Association’s (“AAA’s”) Commercial Arbitration Rules and Mediation Procedures, disputes regarding the enforceability, revocability or validity of the foregoing class action waiver may be resolved only by a civil court of competent jurisdiction and not by an arbitrator. In any case in which (1) the dispute is filed as a class, collective, or representative action, and (2) there is a final judicial determination that all or part of such class action waiver is unenforceable, then the class, collective, and/or representative action, to that extent, must be litigated in a civil court of competent jurisdiction, but the portion of such class action waiver that is enforceable shall be enforced in arbitration.
The arbitration will be administered by the AAA’s Commercial Arbitration Rules and Mediation Procedures, as amended by this Agreement. The arbitrator will conduct hearings, if any, by teleconference or videoconference, rather than by personal appearances, unless the arbitrator determines upon request by you or by us that an in-person hearing is appropriate. Any in-person appearances will be held at a location which is reasonably convenient to both parties with due consideration of their ability to travel and other pertinent circumstances. If the parties are unable to agree on a location, such determination should be made by the American Arbitration Association or by the arbitrator. The arbitrator’s decision will follow the terms of this Agreement and will be final and binding. The arbitrator will have authority to award temporary, interim or permanent injunctive relief or relief providing for specific performance of this Agreement, but only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by the individual claim before the arbitrator. The award rendered by the arbitrator may be confirmed and enforced in any court having jurisdiction thereof. Notwithstanding any of the foregoing, nothing in this Agreement will preclude you from bringing issues to the attention of federal, state or local agencies and, if the law allows, they can seek relief against us for you.
14. Information or Complaints. If you have a question or complaint regarding the Site, please send an e-mail to [email protected]. You may also contact us by writing to P.O Box 1338, Willows, CA 95988. Please note that e-mail communications will not necessarily be secure; accordingly you should not include any sensitive information in your e-mail correspondence with us.
15. Miscellaneous. This Agreement does not, and shall not be construed to, create any partnership, joint venture, employer-employee, agency or franchisor-franchisee relationship between you and Company. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, that provision will be deemed severable from this Agreement and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provision. You may not assign, transfer or sublicense any or all of your rights or obligations under this Agreement without our express prior written consent. We may assign, transfer or sublicense any or all of our rights or obligations under this Agreement without restriction. No waiver by either party of any breach or default under this Agreement will be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. Any heading, caption or section title contained herein is for convenience only, and in no way defines or explains any section or provision. All terms defined in the singular shall have the same meanings when used in the plural, where appropriate and unless otherwise specified. Any use of the term “including” or variations thereof in this Agreement shall be construed as if followed by the phrase “without limitation.” This Agreement, including any terms and conditions incorporated herein, is the entire agreement between you and Company relating to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous written or oral agreements or understandings between you and Company relating to such subject matter. Notices to you (including notices of changes to this Agreement) may be made via posting to the Site or by e-mail (including in each case via links), or by regular mail. Without limitation, a printed version of this Agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this Agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. Company will not be responsible for any failure to fulfill any obligation due to any cause beyond its control.
Site © 2020 CalPlant I, LLC unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.